Apple phones since the iPhone 7 have been rated as water-resistant when they are new, but this resistance wears off with use. Click here for details.
Samsung phones are a little more waterproof than iPhones but are not suitable for use in salt water. Click here for details.
You will need a waterproof case if you want to:
- Go into the sea or salt water
- Use the phone properly when it’s wet (the microphone can get water in it, making you very quiet)
- Use a chipped, cracked or old phone in or near water
- To do watersports like surfing, jet-skiing, wake boarding or rafting
- To stop your phone from corroding, both externally and internally
- Use your phone in the shower
- Use your phone in the hot tub or sauna.
A lot of our customers tell us that they still use an Aquapac with a water-resistant phone – for the peace of mind you get from having that extra level of protection.