This case is designed for electronics which require a thin wire to be connected to them at all times.
The special wire-thru clamp at one end allows that wire to stay connected, and be waterproof.
The case is usually used by professionals with specialist electronic devices, but could be used for a permanently connected small tablet, large phone or audio player.
- Use all buttons and switches through the case
- Like most of our cases it’ll float if you drop it in the drink
- Feed out a wire of up to 2.5mm diameter from the case
- The seams are high-frequency welded to form a super-strong bond
- Waterproofness Warning!: This case features our ‘TC’ Aquaclip which makes the case waterproof to IPX6 (a quick dunking should be fine, but not prolonged immersion).
The loop on the back of the case is where you insert the belt.
Tip: to get the circumference, add the width to the depth and then multiply this by 2
How waterproof is it?
It’s Stormproof (protected against powerful water jets – click on the icon for more)
Can people swim with it?
Our testing shows that the TC clamp will let a tiny amount of water in after a period of total immersion. So the best advice we can give is to wear it in the small of your back if you’re swimming on your front, and on your tummy if you’re swimming on your back, so that it spends as little time submerged as possible. We are talking here about splashing around in the pool or the sea, but we are NOT talking about endurance/long-distance swimming.
- Colour: Cool grey with grey belt and acid green lanyard
- Materials: 300mu UV-resistant TPU
- Weight: Case: 3.1oz / 87g Belt: 2.1oz / 59g Lanyard: 0.2oz / 7g
- Country of Origin: Made in the UK.
Important Note regarding Insulin Pumps and Aquapac cases
Aquapac commissioned research by Imperial College London into the suitability of their cases for use with insulin pumps. Results show that in some circumstances insulin flow rate can be reduced by the case. In particular, low flow rates are impeded and as such Aquapac can make no claim regarding the suitability of these cases with insulin pumps. Use of these cases with insulin pumps is entirely at the discretion of the user.
We are advised to recommend that users of Aquapac cases with insulin pumps regularly check their blood sugar levels. Furthermore we strongly recommend that you get the green light from your consultant before use.
The tests were conducted by Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine using a Roche Accu-Check Spirit insulin pump at a temperature of 20C at flow rates of 2U/hr and 10U/hr. The amounts of insulin delivered over 60 minutes observed were as follows:
2U/hr not in a case – 0.0131g (flow rate of 100%)
2U/hr in Aquapac 150 – 0.0106g (flow rate of 81%)
2U/hr in Aquapac 150 – 0.0056g (2nd test model)(flow rate of 42%)
2U/hr in Aquapac 550 – 0.0121g (flow rate 92%)
10U/hr not in case – 0.0864g (flow rate of 100%)
10U/hr in Aquapac 150 – 0.0878g (flow rate of 100%)
10U/hr in Aquapac 550 – 0.0903g (flow rate of 100%)
21st August 2006
Special Instructions for the ‘TC’ Clamp
- Flip the two levers up, one at a time.
- Twist the two levers out.
- Place the wire or tube carefully under the retaining arm. The wire/tube must exit through the groove in the clamp.
- Place the two halves of the clamp back together so that the wire is held gently in place. Do not squeeze them together hard.
- Twist both the levers in, one at a time. Twist both levers before attempting step 6.
- Flip the levers over to seal the clamp.
Cases with this clamp are for surface use only, but will offer protection from temporary submersion. They are not recommended for prolonged immersion.
When not using the case leave the TC clamp open. If not the wire or tube could eventually cause a permanent distortion of the foam, risking leakage.
As long as you follow this instruction the clamp will be watertight with or without a wire/tube.
The maximum thickness of wire/tube around which the TC clamp will seal is 1/10th inch (2.5mm).
Also available from Amazon
To buy direct from us, use ‘Add to basket’ above. Or you can