These are our lightweight but completely waterproof Upano™ duffel bags.
Brilliant for adventure travel, camping, backcountry vacation, sailing and expedition use.
As featured in Outside Summer Buyer’s Guide, and also in Backpacker Best New Gear.
- Super-lightweight but tough, welded construction
- Removable shoulder straps for easy portage
- Air-release valve for easy packing – squeeze the air out as you roll it closed
- Internal ID pocket for airport travel
- Compression straps to minimise volume
- Multiple attachment points for straps or lashing
- Brightly coloured ends for higher visibility
- PVC-Free / 0% Vinyl.
- The Upano is a river in Ecuador.
Warning: The air-release valve comes off if fully unscrewed. Only unscrew it enough to allow the air out. And make sure you then screw it up tightly or water will seep in! We recommend that you keep it screwed closed at all times except when you are actually purging the air.
The 3 Sizes
*these weights include the 2 detachable shoulder straps
How waterproof are they?
They’re Stormproof (protected against powerful water jets – click on the icon for more)
Roll up roll up!
Please note: You need to roll the bag very tightly to line up the two halves of Velcro. This is essential if you want your bag to be waterproof. One or two customers have suggested that we might use a wider strip of Velcro to make it easier to close. But if we did that, then your bag wouldn’t be waterproof.
Colour: Grey, black and orange
Materials: 420D PU-coated nylon
Country of Origin: Designed in the UK. Made in China.
PS: You spell it Duffle, we spell it Duffel, let’s call the whole thing off!